Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
andee's world: Favorite Artist of the 00's

andee's world

Hello and welcome to my blog. This space will be devoted to opinions, observations, lists, articles and whatever else I feel like posting. Subjects will include music, human nature, politics, life in NYC, etc. If I paste someone else's writing up here, it is because the author said something way better than I ever could. By the way, I don't claim to be a particularly smart guy; I'm just a musician with some opinions. If you disagree with me, that's cool -- but then, you're probably wrong.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Favorite Artist of the 00's

There were so many great ones who emerged in/made their mark in the last ten years. Off the top of my head: Eminem, TV on the Radio, MIA, Dresden Dolls, Ladytron, The Knife, !!!, The White Stripes, Hot Hot Heat, Nellie McKay, The Kills, KristeenYoung, The Faint...

But for me the most thrilling, the most innovative, the most restless and the most utterly enjoyable artist of the last decade is a British duo who put out four genre-smashing albums (their debut was in '99, that makes five altogether), collaborated with an inspired and kaleidescopic array of guest vocalists (from MeShell N'Degeocello and Siouxsie Sioux to Yoko Ono, Santigold and JC Chazes) and raised the bar on pop music production to ridiculous new heights.



BASEMENT JAXX, for me, whipped everyone's ass.

Happy holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home