Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
andee's world: Our National Dialogue on Terrorism --by Al Franken

andee's world

Hello and welcome to my blog. This space will be devoted to opinions, observations, lists, articles and whatever else I feel like posting. Subjects will include music, human nature, politics, life in NYC, etc. If I paste someone else's writing up here, it is because the author said something way better than I ever could. By the way, I don't claim to be a particularly smart guy; I'm just a musician with some opinions. If you disagree with me, that's cool -- but then, you're probably wrong.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Our National Dialogue on Terrorism --by Al Franken

by Al Franken

Why do they hate us?

They hate us because they're evil.

That's it, huh? That's the entire story?

Yes. They're evil. And they hate us because of our freedoms.

They hate us because of our freedoms?

But really because they're evil.

I know they're evil. I was just thinking that maybe if we understood what specifically semmed to trigger the--

Why are you apologizing for the terrorists?

I'm not. They're evil. You have no quarrel there. It's just that maybe if we understoo--

Why are you on the terrorists' side?

I'm not! I hate terrorists. I was just saying we might be able to prevent the next--

Three thousand Americans dead. How can you defend al Qaeda?

Believe me, I was not defending them. What they did was horrific and inexcusable. They're evil. I was just--

Then why are you apologizing for them?

I'm not. I'm trying to say that maybe there are lessons we can--

Why do you hate America?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home