Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
andee's world: This Is Easy

andee's world

Hello and welcome to my blog. This space will be devoted to opinions, observations, lists, articles and whatever else I feel like posting. Subjects will include music, human nature, politics, life in NYC, etc. If I paste someone else's writing up here, it is because the author said something way better than I ever could. By the way, I don't claim to be a particularly smart guy; I'm just a musician with some opinions. If you disagree with me, that's cool -- but then, you're probably wrong.

Sunday, November 07, 2004

This Is Easy

"Naturally the common people don't want war, but after
all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the
policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag people
along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist
dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be
brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All
you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
exposing the country to danger. It works the same in
every country."

Hermann Goering. Hitler's Reich-Marshall
At the Nuremberg Trials after WWII

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home