Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
andee's world: The Hurricane Crisis

andee's world

Hello and welcome to my blog. This space will be devoted to opinions, observations, lists, articles and whatever else I feel like posting. Subjects will include music, human nature, politics, life in NYC, etc. If I paste someone else's writing up here, it is because the author said something way better than I ever could. By the way, I don't claim to be a particularly smart guy; I'm just a musician with some opinions. If you disagree with me, that's cool -- but then, you're probably wrong.

Monday, September 05, 2005

The Hurricane Crisis

You all know what's going on in New Orleans and other parts of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf Coast of the US in general. The news gets worse every hour. The stories are heartbreaking.

Give a couple bucks to the Red Cross, even if it's a contribution as small as $10. I know alot of your don't have much in the way of disposable income, but I've also seen you drop $50 at the bar in one sitting. God bless.

So if a million of us donate $10 each, that's ten million bucks for hurricane relief. Do it. Who else is going to step up? The federal government? All they've offered is empty promises so far. New Orleans is hell on earth right now -- these are our fellow citizens, trapped in the attics of their homes with water up to their necks, waiting to be rescued. Thousands are already dead. If you've got a roof over your head and your rent's paid, consider yourself lucky. Contribute here:

https://give.redcross.org/?hurricanemasthead

Another thing -- you must hear this radio interview with New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/audio/national/NAGIN_AUDIO.mp3

Listen all the way to the end. If this isn't a call to arms, I don't know what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home