Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
andee's world: Stop Apologizing!

andee's world

Hello and welcome to my blog. This space will be devoted to opinions, observations, lists, articles and whatever else I feel like posting. Subjects will include music, human nature, politics, life in NYC, etc. If I paste someone else's writing up here, it is because the author said something way better than I ever could. By the way, I don't claim to be a particularly smart guy; I'm just a musician with some opinions. If you disagree with me, that's cool -- but then, you're probably wrong.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Stop Apologizing!

Ok, everyone, I realize that our President is an embarrassing boob and his administration a giant ball of corruption and dishonesty, but I'm sick of people on the left constantly apologizing for being American. It's almost as annoying as the cowboy swagger of ignorant rightists spouting "America is the greatest country on earth" at every turn.

Do I really need to explain that America is a phenomenal place that has given birth to some of the most extraordinary humans ever to walk on this planet?

And while I'm on the subject, white people apologizing for being white are getting tiresome, too -- for fuck's sake, be the best pale-skinned mo-fo you can be and stop simpering. It's not as if the only virtuous people in the world are non-whites. We've ALL got our problems.

One more thing -- straight folks acting like they're above being straight. I know that the stereotypical racist frat boy homophobe dickhead is an unfortunate reality, but he doesn't represent every hetero on earth. And hey, check this out: there are some ignorant, racist, dishonest homos out there, too.

I mean, really. All the excessive self-loathing is really unbecoming.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home