Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
andee's world: Halloween Week: Another Reason Why I Love NY

andee's world

Hello and welcome to my blog. This space will be devoted to opinions, observations, lists, articles and whatever else I feel like posting. Subjects will include music, human nature, politics, life in NYC, etc. If I paste someone else's writing up here, it is because the author said something way better than I ever could. By the way, I don't claim to be a particularly smart guy; I'm just a musician with some opinions. If you disagree with me, that's cool -- but then, you're probably wrong.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween Week: Another Reason Why I Love NY


In New York, Halloween goes on for as long as it wants. A brief roundup of my fave moments:


Friday, Oct 26th:
A screening of silent horror classic The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari at St. John the Divine Cathedral, with shatteringly great live pipe organ accompaniment, followed by the larger-than-life Procession of Ghouls................also, live cello prelude by a creepy man in skull mask and black suit.....................
and it's fun to sip from a flask in church.................

Saturday, Oct 27th:
Outrageously well-decorated (and well-attended) Halloween house party -- with DJ Steve Blush spinning classic party 45s in the basement -- in Clinton Hill.......I love people dancing in costumes...................and I ran into Hannah!!......thanks Tracy!

Sunday Oct 28th:
Crazy raunchy drag party/contest at Sugarland, right up the street .............won by Dario Speedwagon (of course), who spent his winnings on drinks for his friends.............I hula-hooped most of the night in my mask...............love Dario! Love DJ Leslie Van Stelten!! Thanks Jen for the bevvie hookup!

Monday Oct 29th:
Watched The Omen at Julie's place.................I watch this movie almost every year...........

Tuesday Oct 30th:
Kudu/Chromeo concert in Judson Church............Kudu were great, Chromeo sucked and I won the "scariest costume" contest!..................$150 gift certificate at Deisel.................um, ok. Also won a pair of Deisel sunglasses, but I left them at the venue.......they looked stupid........did I mention open bar?

Wednesday Oct 31st:
.......banging around the L.E.S. with Jared and Lina..............some Sapporo and bar-hopping........then getting dressed up in 70s glam (and wig-trimming session with Lina) for an Alice Cooper set with my pals Toni and Joe Vincent at RockStar Bar in Williamsburg............wow, what a shitty stage/backline......but so what, everyone was beyond drunk by then.....including us....

Coming home, watching Halloween..............passing out......


P.O.V. from the stage as i accepted the honor of "scariest dude in the house" at Kudu/Chromeo gig. See the terror in their eyes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home