Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
andee's world: R.I.P. Randy Rhoades

andee's world

Hello and welcome to my blog. This space will be devoted to opinions, observations, lists, articles and whatever else I feel like posting. Subjects will include music, human nature, politics, life in NYC, etc. If I paste someone else's writing up here, it is because the author said something way better than I ever could. By the way, I don't claim to be a particularly smart guy; I'm just a musician with some opinions. If you disagree with me, that's cool -- but then, you're probably wrong.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

R.I.P. Randy Rhoades

It was 27 years ago that the great guitarist Randy Rhoades perished in a tragic and senseless plane crash.

As a musician, he was an unbelievable stylist, by turns incendiary and poignant. His unforgettable riffs and innovative soloing style were the foundation upon which one washed-up Ozzy Osbourne launched one of the most unlikely and enduring comebacks in rock history. Since Rhoades's death, Ozzy has remained consistently active and highly visible, but has yet to reach the artistic heights he achieved with his original guitarist.

R.I.P. Randy!



(click the headline for more on Ozzy's classic first two albums)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home