Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
andee's world: Punk Mythology

andee's world

Hello and welcome to my blog. This space will be devoted to opinions, observations, lists, articles and whatever else I feel like posting. Subjects will include music, human nature, politics, life in NYC, etc. If I paste someone else's writing up here, it is because the author said something way better than I ever could. By the way, I don't claim to be a particularly smart guy; I'm just a musician with some opinions. If you disagree with me, that's cool -- but then, you're probably wrong.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Punk Mythology

Q: Are there any aspects of punk which you find over-mythologised?

A: I think the only thing that needs reiterating is that by grouping everyone under the label “punk” implies that there was some kind of solidarity. Nothing could be further from the truth. It was every man & woman for themselves.

(from a recent interview with Siouxsie and the Banshees bassist Steve Severin...click the headline for the full piece)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home