Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
andee's world: RIP Natasha Schneider

andee's world

Hello and welcome to my blog. This space will be devoted to opinions, observations, lists, articles and whatever else I feel like posting. Subjects will include music, human nature, politics, life in NYC, etc. If I paste someone else's writing up here, it is because the author said something way better than I ever could. By the way, I don't claim to be a particularly smart guy; I'm just a musician with some opinions. If you disagree with me, that's cool -- but then, you're probably wrong.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

RIP Natasha Schneider

I just found out (rather late, as it happens), that one of my favorite musicians, Natasha Schneider, passed away over a month ago.

She and her husband Alain Johannes made up the nucleus of one of my alltime favorite bands, the extremely underrated ELEVEN. I first saw Eleven open for Soundgarden in 1994 and they blew my doors in. Since then I have bought all their albums and followed their many other musical projects, which include stints producing Chris Cornell, touring with Queens of the Stone Age, and most recently, guesting on Dug Pinnick's solo album.

When I first moved to NYC in 1996, I met Alain and Natasha on the street and they were two of the sweetest, kindest and most approachable people. It is so sad that this woman is gone. What a voice, what a player. My heart goes out to Alain, her husband and musical co-conspirator for the last 25 years or more. I can't imagine the loss....

Following a battle with cancer, Natasha died on July 2nd at 11:11am.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natasha_Shneider

Click the headline to visit Eleven's Myspace page.

Buy ELEVEN's music.





1 Comments:

Blogger Nerkon said...

Saludos men..
Muy buen trabajo. Escasos son los blogs que le dejan algunas lineas a Natasha y los suyos...
Ojala la gente no se acordara de ellos solo cuando uno de sus integrantes fallece...pero bueno
siga publicitando Eleven, para que cada dia sean más los privilegiados en conocer el trabajo de esta grandiosa banda.

Saludos
Nerkon.
from mundoeleven.blogspot.com

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home