Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
andee's world: True Romance

andee's world

Hello and welcome to my blog. This space will be devoted to opinions, observations, lists, articles and whatever else I feel like posting. Subjects will include music, human nature, politics, life in NYC, etc. If I paste someone else's writing up here, it is because the author said something way better than I ever could. By the way, I don't claim to be a particularly smart guy; I'm just a musician with some opinions. If you disagree with me, that's cool -- but then, you're probably wrong.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

True Romance

Q: I've always thought there was an overlooked romantic streak in your music.

A: Anybody who has ever written a song is a romantic. A song isn't life--it's supposed to depict a part of life. Anything that isn't real life is romanticism. Anything that's under the heading of art is romanticism. Art exists to make us feel exalted and above bunny rabbits.

(from a 1994 interview with Jim and William Reid of The Jesus and Mary Chain...click the headline for the full piece)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home